Trust Operations Specialist
Company: Hancock Bank
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the
button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in
with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to
your application information. You may review, modify, or update
your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
The incumbent processes and reconciles complex transactions for
assigned system applications and performs the necessary operational
and administrative functions to support the department. Incumbents
handle more complex transactions related to an area of technical
expertise; act as a source of reference and a control point of
quality; and interact with customers at a higher level (responding
to inquiries, researching problems and handling routine
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Processes and data enters cash transactions and/or securities
trading transactions for purchases and sales of assets on systems
and prepares related general ledger, DDA entries, and wire
settlement; Settles all trust related trades, inputs trades on bank
systems, reconciles and confirms entries with custodian bank;
* Monitors re-organization (mergers, splits, tenders, calls and
spin-offs) notifications, determines impact to accounts, makes
necessary account changes to determine tax impact and allocates
cost to accounts;
* Processes and balances asset dividend and interest income,
GNMA/FNMA principal and interest payments for accounts;
* Provides assistance to staff members on issues and/or problems of
complexity and can resolve most issues on own;
* Prepares supporting account transaction documentation and
verifies transaction accuracy; performs account maintenance on
existing accounts and closing account activities;
* Reviews paperwork to ensure accuracy and compliance with
established policies, procedures and government regulations;
* Provides instructions and guidance to Officers to ensure receipt
of required documentation and to ensure account updates and
transactions are correct;
* Monitors the receipt of assets and failed deliveries; works with
custodian to resolve problems and expedite transfers;
* Responds to customer inquiries, conducts research and solves
moderately complex problems;
* Follows up on all details of issues and ensures quality control
* Opens new accounts on accounting system and monitors all opening
activities including asset funding, documents, files, statements,
compliance and CIP guidelines, checklists, and any other special
* Provides basic to intermediate level administration and customer
support to Relationship Manger/Administrator/Financial Consultant
team in managing their assigned accounts;
* Serves as the direct contact for routine customer inquiries,
account research, and solves moderately complex problems;
* Drafts letters and correspondence to client for Relationship
Manager s review;
* Prepares supporting account transaction documentation and
verifies transaction accuracy;
* Monitors customer account cash flow status and notifies
Relationship Manager of current or anticipated overdrafts;
* Approves or disapproves transactions based on document provisions
and department controls;
* Serves as vault custodian as required;
* Opens and/or processes incoming mail or distributes mail to
* May generate standard department reports, forms and
correspondence such as requests for additional information,
verification, account maintenance, disbursements, etc.
* May involve performing duties with respect to the bank s
Registered Transfer Agent, and be subject to all the regulations
and requirements applicable thereto.
* Administer accounts of paying agencies to which the bank is the
paying agent, including but not limited to :
* Monitoring billing
* call notices
* debt service processing
* document preparation and reconciliation
* compilation of monthly fee reporting
Must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking
and industry related law and regulations including but not limited
POTENTIAL SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
* Could serve as a trainer and guide for new hires and less
* Incumbents at this level may be in training for the next level of
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities but the incumbent
could be a workflow leader.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent amount of training and
* Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred or
equivalent amount of work experience.
* 5 years of Trust, securities, or bank operations experience
* American Bankers Association courses or other education in
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Access,
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to work well in a team environment with little direct
* Ability to process work accurately, recognize and research
potential problems arising in daily duties.
* Ability to train other staff.
* Ability to assist in the development of key internal procedures
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* No specific certifications, licensure or registrations are needed
to satisfactorily perform this job.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an incumbent.
* Ability to work under pressure on various tasks and meet
* Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the
essential job functions.
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform
the essential job functions.
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 20 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO
ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Bank, Gulf Port , Trust Operations Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!