Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: November 14, 2021
The Receptionist maintains internal and external communications
of hospital and community through the operation of the telephone
switchboard and front desk reception and helps support other
hospital departments by taking on clerical or general office
related responsibilities as directed.
Job Code: 100221
License Or Certification
Education, Training And Years Of Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Working knowledge of switchboard equipment preferred
- Ability to use computer systems and complete data entry
- 10-key data entry method preferred
Machines, Equipment Used
- General office equipment such as telephone switchboard, postage
machine, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 10 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when
lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these
- Ability to withstand prolonged sitting.
- Adheres to the companys Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency Or Productivity Standards
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 4500 13th Street, Gulfport 39501
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2130616
Keywords: Encompass Health, Gulf Port , Receptionist (Pool), Administration, Clerical , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!