Clinical Education Manager
Company: American Medical Response
Posted on: February 10, 2019
CLINICAL EDUCATION MANAGER
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
SUMMARY: Under general direction, oversees Clinical and Education Services activities for the Operations. Represents AMR to local committees, medical and training institutions, and other related agencies. Responsible for the creation, implementation, and tracking of education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinate the CES function for the Operations. Provide guidance and direction to the local CES professionals within the districts concerning a consistent approach to clinical education and processes
* Assist in recruitment through involvement in area EMS classes and career days.
* Assist in the development of an orientation program and a system of continuing education.
* Responsible on an ongoing basis of mentoring the local CES professionals with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results.
* Comply with all employment laws an supportive affirmative action/equal opportunity goals.
* Ensure scholarship programs are evaluated regularly to ensure nondiscriminatory practices.
* Develop and maintain record keeping process of clinical testing including employee selection, scholarships, etc.
* Actively participate in and/or develop a process for the evaluation and/or selection of equipment.
* Develop education process to include course objectives, examinations and manuals for use as lesson plans.
* Conduct and coordinate National Registry examinations.
* Conduct orientation classes, IV certification courses, ACLS/PALS instructor certification courses, CPR/AED/National Safety Council first aid instructor courses, and certification courses on Lifepak.
* Work with local physician advisory groups.
* Participate in clinical aspects of problem resolution.
* Oversee any clinical requirements related to contracts, agreements, etc.
* Track and reviews events in response to complaints and/or compliments relating to medical performance.
* Conduct clinical quality assurance investigations immediately upon receiving information regarding a possible protocol or standard of care violation. In most cases, investigation should be completed within 72 hours of initial report. Document findings in writing. Provide timely briefings to Director of Operations on incidents and investigations, as appropriate.
* Responsible for tracking and maintenance of employee certifications and vaccinations in a database.
* Identify, develop, and implement quality improvement (QI) programs. In order to assure clinical excellence, programs should include, but are not limited to proactive and retrospective elements of QI concerning clinical call reviews, chart reviews, and trend analysis for both individual and group clinical performance. Such programs should drive the continuing education (CE) process and related coursed offered to field personnel.
* Responsible for the Field Training Officers (FTOs). This includes, but is not limited to, leading the selection process of FTOs; the monitoring and directing of the FTO program; assisting with development of FTO guidelines and procedures; and coordinating the FTO committee.
* Represent AMR with local EMS education programs and assure integration with internship and preceptor needs.
* Serve as a clinical resource for field and management personnel.
* Assist in the creation/revision of medical policy.
* Oversee clinical aspects of field performance.
* Conduct clinical call reviews and investigations.
* Represent AMR with local EMS education programs.
* Participate in scheduling third riders.
* Coordinate evaluations for paramedic school candidates.
* Schedule continuing education programs for pertinent to field education needs.
* Review completed patient care reports for accuracy.
* Design, implement, and review utilization management plans.
* Evaluate statistics regarding Medicare, Medicaid, and other billing for review of problem areas.
* Provide clinical support for documentation and billing personnel.
* Participate in appeals processes from a clinical perspective.
* Assist in planning and monitoring managed care utilization review.
* Occasional travel
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adhere to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform other duties required.
* High School Diploma or GED. Current State Certification as a Paramedic.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in the direct delivery of pre-hospital advanced life support as a Paramedic. Experience in performing, evaluating, instructing, and coaching all aspects of the delivery of pre-hospital care.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently Basic knowledge of computers and Windows software. Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement concepts and principles. Acceptable driving record. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: American Medical Response, Gulf Port , Clinical Education Manager, Education / Teaching , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!