Intellectual Disabilities Therapist
Company: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources is actively seeking an
Intellectual Disabilities Therapist to provide individual
counseling services at an outpatient mental health center in
Harrison, Hancock, and Stone Counties. The Intellectual
Disabilities Therapist position will provide therapy to adults with
intellectual and developmental disabilities in a community setting.
Position is Monday Friday; no on-call or weekend work.
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served
individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive
continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental
illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and
individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live,
work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our
thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Hancock, Harrison,
Jones, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Pearl River,
Perry, Stone and Wayne Counties.
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources offers a competitive benefits
package including employer paid life insurance and LTD, along with
optional Health, Dental, Vision, FSA and HSA, and 403(b) plan.
- Master's degree in behavioral health field required
- Must be able to obtain Clinical license or DMH Therapist
certification within 90 days of hire
- Behavioral health internship required
- Must have valid driver's license with satisfactory driving
- Good communication skills, relationship building skills, and
time management skills required
- Working knowledge of mental health symptoms preferred
- Completes assessments and provides diagnoses; formulates a plan
of treatment which provides development and maintenance of
individual goals designed to facilitate individual growth, improved
social interaction, and ability to manage mental illness and live
- Monitors and maintains record of client services within
electronic medical records in accordance to PBMHR, DMH, and CARF
- Participates in team staffings and functions as a member of the
interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Provides clinical therapy services and emergency services to
consumers and their families.
Keywords: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, Gulf Port , Intellectual Disabilities Therapist, Healthcare , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!