Company: Gulf Coast Health Care
Posted on: November 6, 2019
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing Services, assess new
residents / returning residents and document status in the medical
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete nurse to nurse report (call hospital, home health
nurse, etc.); identify concerns to discuss prior to acceptance.
- Review medications that will be given, in the center, with
resident and/or responsible party and address any concerns.
- Complete medication reconciliation with home/hospital
medications and admit medications.
- Transcribe admit/hospital return orders; clarify orders per MD
- Enter all orders into electronic health record. Fax orders to
pharmacy as needed with intravenous medications, narcotics, and
- Ensure hard scripts are on hand prior to admission for
- Follow up the next morning to ensure medications have been
received. If not, call pharmacy and resolve the problem.
- Ensure new resident''s room is clean and all equipment needed
is available for resident care.
- Obtain appropriate diagnoses for medications.
- Schedule ADL tasks for resident inside the electronic health
- Initiate Risk Screens inside the electronic health record that
are due on the day of admission.
- Schedule labs for medications that require monitoring on the
next lab draw date following admit.
- Greet resident/family upon admit and orient to room.
- In-service staff on any care related needs.
- Put paper medical record chart together with hospital
- Write Discharge Orders for resident discharge.
- When there are no admits, assist other nurses as needed:
destroy discontinued medications, etc.
- Other duties assigned by Administrator or Director of
Required SkillsPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting,
grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing,
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of
this position with or without
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents,
families, and outside agencies and to
work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work
- Develop positive relationships on behalf of the company with
government regulators, families,
the area health care community, and the community at large. Play an
active role in carrying out
the center marketing plan.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in
continuing education programs,
seminars, and training programs.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and
- Attend and participate in center in-service programs as
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid RN license in the state
- Completion of post-secondary education and be able to read,
write and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as
- Must meet all applicable health regulations and pass
post-employment exam, if required.
Keywords: Gulf Coast Health Care, Gulf Port , ADMISSION NURSE-RN, Healthcare , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!