Human Resource Manager
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine
functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring
and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and
enforcing company policies and practices.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance
with company policy. Duties/Responsibilities :
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the
organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as
it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting,
retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR assistant, management, and
other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and
issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine
tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable
accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include
recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants;
collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and
competencies required for openings.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to develop, update, and
maintain all job descriptions.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and
proposes competitive base pay rates to ensure the organization
attracts and retains top talent.
- Implements employee benefits programs; analyzes benefit needs;
recommends benefit programs to management; obtains and evaluates
benefit contract bids; awards benefit contracts; and is the Point
of Contact once the benefit contracts are awarded.
- Creates learning, training and development programs and
initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for
employees; documents completed training program for each
- Coordinates business travel for employees, identifying the most
cost-effective and efficient travel arrangements and making
necessary reservations for accommodations; prepares travel
itineraries and distributes travel arrangements and schedules to
appropriate staff; requests per diem payments.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and
- Provides guidance to supervisors and managers on policy
interpretation, performance guidance and corrective action.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness,
compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Responds to and mediate employee relations issues, such as
employee complaints, harassment allegations and violations of
policies and procedures.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation,
and conducts exit interviews.
- Manages worker's compensation, safety programs and 401k
contributions and reporting.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains and revises the employee handbook on policies and
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of
notices and postings required by law or local governing
- Ensures all reporting to federal agencies are completed and
filed annually; reports include, but not limited to, EEO-1,
VETS-4212 and AAP.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement in accordance
with the culture and policies of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business
Administration with a concentration in Human Resources or a closely
related field. Master's degree in related field preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- 10 years of HR experience, with exposure and responsibility
across diverse HR functions. 5 years of experience in a manager
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- US Citizen Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Confidential, Gulf Port , Human Resource Manager, Human Resources , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!