Company: Hancock Whitney
Posted on: September 10, 2019
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the
button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in
with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to
your application information. You may review, modify, or update
your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Responsible for monitoring and updating accounts in the legal
process, ensuring compliance with company policies and all State
and Federal statutory and regulatory guidelines. Works with
attorney to maximize recovery of charged off accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares documentation packages for outside counsel on loans that
involve the filing of legal action such as Replevins,
Executory/Judicial Process suits.
* Reviews account to determine the optimal course of action, while
ensuring accounts are handled in compliance with established
policies and procedures.
* Monitors accounts to ensure that outside counsel is working
accounts timely and in accordance to the SLA time frames.
* Ensures accounts are properly documented with actions taken,
correspondence, and explanation of controllable versus
non-controllable delays. Escalates unwarranted delays to Team Lead
* Reviews affidavits and verification for accuracy.
* Files Probate Claims and maintains appropriate follow up with the
attorney and/or estate.
* Works with attorney on post judgment collection and settlements
to maximize recovery of charged off accounts.
* Performs all other responsibilities and duties deemed
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
* High School Diploma.
* One year related experience and/or training in collection and
recovery or consumer litigation.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills;
time management skills; and professional demeanor.
* Competent in Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and
State/Federal Regulatory requirements relative to legal collection
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include
Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Ability to work independently within a fast-paced
* Ability to implement or support initiatives as assigned.
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform
the essential job functions.
* Ability to travel if required about 10% of the time to perform
the essential job functions
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO
ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Whitney, Gulf Port , Legal Specialist, Legal , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!