Mortgage Loan Originator
Company: Hancock Whitney
Posted on: October 12, 2020
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on
the button above. You will be required to create an account (or
sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you
access to your application information. You may review, modify, or
update your information by visiting and logging into your
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Originates conventional, FHA, VA and RD loans which are compliant
with investor requirements and all State and Federal laws and
regulations; Promotes bank products and services to existing and
potential clients in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides expert mortgage advice to potential borrowers.
* Stays current with bank's underwriting policy, investor
guidelines, applicable State and Federal laws and regulations, and
changes in other aspects of the mortgage industry.
* Develops and maintains referral networks of bank associates and
external referral sources such as realtors, builders, friends,
family and others in the community.
* Manages a clean pipeline of loans in process; coordinating with
Processors, Underwriters and Closers, on a daily basis.
* Delivers all compliance documents and disclosures in a timely
* Completes customer applications and collects all required
documentation (such as income tax return, bank account number,
purchase agreement, and property description, etc.) for
* Prepares the borrower(s) for the process and keeps ALL of the
parties involved in the process, up to date on all important
developments and current status of application.
* Informs applicant of closing costs such as appraisal, credit
report, and notary fees.
* Coordinates the closing with the borrower(s), closing agents,
realtors and others involved in the transaction.
* Interviews loan applicants to document income, debt, and credit
* Determines if applicant meets establishment standards for further
* Answers applicant's questions and asks for signature on
information authorization forms.
* Submits application forms to Mortgage Loan Processor for
verification of application information.
* Calls applicant or other persons to resolve discrepancies, such
as credit report showing late payment history.
* Informs applicant of loan denial or acceptance.
* Keeps bank associates up to date on changes in the industry and
works as a team member with the other lines of business.
* Keeps all compliance requirements up to date and maintains a
working knowledge of the products and services provided by the
other lines of business and bank affiliates.
* Special projects as assigned by Senior Management.
* Adherence with all applicable federal, state, and local banking
and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited
to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s Degree preferred.
* 2 years of sales experience required.
* 2 4 years of Mortgage origination experience is preferred.
* This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and
Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such,
upon active employment you will be required to either register on
NMLS or re-register and move your previous registration. Your
continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful
registration immediately after your start date and annual renewal
of your registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained
during the registration process may impact your employment.
* Knowledge of all Mortgage laws, procedures, rules, regulations,
etc. on a federal, relevant state, local and bank-wide basis.
* Ability to learn or knowledge of Microsoft Office products
including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; Ability to
learn or knowledge of Outlook email program.
* Excellent communication, analytical, customer service and
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
* Strong presentation skills.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to travel
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 25 pounds if required to
perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Whitney, Gulf Port , Mortgage Loan Originator, Other , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!