Community Support Specialist - Children's
Company: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources is seeking an energetic
and motivated Community Support Specialist to provide services to
youth and families in Harrison County. Position is located in
Gulfport, MS. The Community Support Specialist position plays an
important role in providing individualized support and guidance to
assist with daily challenges for individuals in Harrison
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served
individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive
continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental
illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and
individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live,
work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our
thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Hancock, Harrison,
Jones, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Pearl River,
Perry, Stone and Wayne Counties.
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources offers a competitive benefits
package including employer paid life insurance and LTD, along with
optional Health, Dental, Vision, FSA and HSA, and 403(b) plan.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral healthcare required
- Reliable transportation to provide community services
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record
- Must have auto insurance with liability limits of
100,000/300,000/50,000 within 30 days of hire
- Must be eligible to obtain DMH case management certification
within 90 days of hire
- Excellent communications skills required
- Case management experience preferred
- Identifies strengths which will aid in the individual in their
recovery and the barriers that will challenge the development of
skills necessary for independent functioning in the community.
- Provides psychoeducation on the identification and
self-management of prescribed medication regimen and communicates
with the prescribing provider.
- Assists the individual in accessing needed services such as
medical, social, educational, transportation, housing, substance
abuse, personal care, employment, and other services that may be
identified in the Recovery Support Plan.
- Provides psychoeducation and trains family, unpaid caregivers,
and/or others who have a legitimate role in addressing the needs of
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of interventions, as
evidenced by symptom reduction and progress toward goals.
- Provides direct intervention in deescalating situations to
- Documents all services provided in the electronic medical
record by using collaborative documentation.
Keywords: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, Gulf Port , Community Support Specialist - Children's, Other , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!