Community Support Specialist- CCE
Company: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources is seeking an energetic
and motivated Community Support Specialist to provide intensive
case management services to adults with a serious mental illness
diagnosis as part of a team in Harrison County. This position plays
a vital role in providing case management services to those with a
long-term mental illness maintain emotional and mental stability,
and developing a more satisfying and productive life. In this role,
a Community Support Specialist will have contact with each
individuals served as much as necessary to maintain stability. This
role will help set individual goals and work toward accomplishing
Hours are Mondays through Fridays, with some scheduled on-call
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served
individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive
continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental
illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and
individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live,
work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our
thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Hancock, Harrison,
Jones, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Pearl River,
Perry, Stone and Wayne Counties.
Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources offers a competitive benefits
package including employer paid life insurance and LTD, along with
optional Health, Dental, Vision, FSA and HSA, and 403(b) plan.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral healthcare required
- Must have reliable transportation to provide community
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving
- Must be able to obtain a DMH case management certification
within 90 days of hire
- Excellent communications skills required
- Experience working with SMI population preferred
- Identifies strengths which will aid in the individual in their
recovery and the barriers that will challenge the development of
skills necessary for independent functioning in the community.
- Provides psychoeducation on the identification and
self-management of prescribed medication regimen and communicates
with the prescribing provider.
- Assists the individual in accessing needed services such as
medical, social, educational, transportation, housing, substance
abuse, personal care, employment, and other services that may be
identified in the Recovery Support Plan.
- Provides psychoeducation and trains family, unpaid caregivers,
and/or others who have a legitimate role in addressing the needs of
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of interventions, as
evidenced by symptom reduction and progress toward goals.
- Provides direct interventions in deescalating situations to
- Documents all services provided in the electronic medical
record by using collaborative documentation.
Keywords: Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources, Gulf Port , Community Support Specialist- CCE, Other , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!