Admissions Counselor (Req ID: 3735)
Company: Chugach Government Solutions, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
The incumbent conducts professional eligibility determinations,
interviews applicants, and assesses youth to make recommendations
for program enrollment. Effective evaluation, enrollment
recommendation and overall retention of students is the primary and
key responsibility of this position. This includes identifying the
applicant, determining applicant eligibility for suitability and
commitment to ensure program retention.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Markets Job Corps to One Stop Centers, schools, social service
agencies, foster care organizations, youth programs and other
appropriate organizations to promote referral of applicants who are
eligible to participate in the Job Corps programs.
* Provides applicants with accurate information about Job Corps, to
include program requirements for graduation, program expectations
such as student rules, zero tolerance policy and current Center
* Independently assesses, verifies and documents eligibility for
Job Corps programs, as well as making appropriate enrollment
approvals of selected students to meet Center goals and program
* Enters all information involving applicant eligibility criteria
and additional enrollment factors in Outreach and Admissions
Student Information System (OASIS).
* Uploads and submits all data electronically while protecting
personally identifiable information
* Recruits to meet student occupancy and retention goals based on
* Monitors and tracks the enrollee through the first 90-days of the
program to ensure attendance and retention issues are met.
* Conducts center tours for applicants, parents and referral
* Provides information on Job Corps to interested youth and
* Independently researches and assesses readiness and suitability
of applicants to participate in Job Corps.
* Assists applicants in developing a career and employability plan,
utilizing the electronic Personal Career Development Plan
* Obtains all additional information necessary to evaluate
eligibility, complete applications accurately, and submit through
the Quality Control process.
* Follows all Quality Control processes for file submission and
* Ensures quality case notes are entered for each contact with
applicants; updates case notes for no-shows and applicants who are
no longer interested.
* Notifies applicants of acceptance and assignment.
* Facilitates departure/arrival of applicants' travel and
coordinates needed assistance from referral source and/or
* Files weekly and monthly outreach and achievement reports to the
Sr. AC and or OA Manager as directed.
* Counsels inappropriate or ineligible applicants regarding
alternative programs and agencies and makes referrals.
* Maintains a resource file for recruitment/outreach and referral
* Provides ongoing outreach and updates all resource files.
* Maintains the highest level of integrity, professionalism and
ethics in all actions as a Chugach employee.
* Performs related work as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling,
education, social science, communications, or closely related
field, OR, an Associate's degree in human services, psychology,
counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely
related field, and two (2) years related experience may be
substituted for the Bachelor's degree. Experience may include
successful Job Corps outreach and admissions experience or
successful outreach and admissions experience with other youth
* One (1) year experience in sales, marketing, or counseling.
* Successfully pass background check and/drug test required on the
* Current, valid driver's license and an acceptable driving
It is CGS, LLC business philosophy and practice to provide
reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and
federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this opportunity, an application must be
submitted through the CGS career site:
Job Type: Full-time
* Day shift
* Day shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Chugach Government Solutions, LLC, Gulf Port , Admissions Counselor (Req ID: 3735), Other , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!