Company: Balfour Beatty Investments
Posted on: July 11, 2019
About the role
The Project Superintendent coordinates all site construction
activities and supervises field personnel as required to
successfully complete the project safely, on schedule, and on
budget incorporating sustainable development practices.
What you'll be doing
* Coordinates and supervises construction activities.
* Works with the Project Manager to outline the construction
production schedule and is responsible to ensure that it is
* Directs field personnel to achieve completion of the project on
schedule, within budget, high quality workmanship, and to provide a
safe and healthy work environment.
* Evaluates and monitors subcontractors / vendors contract
performance and ensures compliance to contractual obligations and
* Conducts in-progress and final acceptance inspections of
* Has responsibilities for all aspects of quality control.
* Strong working knowledge of standard construction concepts,
practices, and procedures.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
* Prepares daily inspection data and reports.
* Responsible for coordination and execution of Project Progress
Meetings with Subcontractors, and Owners Reps.
* Maintains positive relationships with stakeholders, residents,
contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
* Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and
rectifies job site hazards immediately.
* Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the
company policy and procedures.
* Oversees subcontractor work to assess compliance with EHS
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Physical Demands:Must be able to climb ladders and perform
inspections on elevated platforms (roofs). Physical ability to
climb permanent and temporary stairs, long periods of walking in a
large multifamily community. Regularly lift and move equipment and
supplies up to 50 lbs.
Who we're looking for
* 10+ years of successful work experience in building construction,
remodeling, construction project coordination, experience.
* Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality
control and production of all phases of commercial
* Experience in HVAC, certification preferred
* Comprehensive understanding of blueprints, scopes of work and
* Experience with commercial pool installations and
* Cost estimating skills
* Knowledge of both vertical and horizontal commercial construction
techniques and processes.
* Knowledge in OSHA and EPA Regulations, including knowledge of EPA
RRP rules and regulations.
* Familiar with local and industry standard building codes and
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office a must: Word, Excel,
Project, and Outlook
* Proficient in Microsoft Project scheduling software
* OSHA 10 hour Construction Safety and Health Training
* Strong work ethic and commitment to contributing to a
collaborative team environment.
* Valid Driver s License
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in
residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company
at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real
estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations
throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers
and a large-scale corporate team, you ll find ample opportunity and
a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are
proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by
managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer
service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put
people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This
shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework
for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our
We are committed to the professional and technical development of
every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this
commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that
provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees,
including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional
living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package that includes a variety of health care options,
retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and
programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services
company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services
in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An
innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our
residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units
and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our
inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units
with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and
residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise,
industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering
commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments
and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances,
develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Keywords: Balfour Beatty Investments, Gulf Port , Project Superintendent, Other , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!