Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) - OCONUS
Company: IDS International
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) - OCONUS LocationsWhy
IDS? IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative
approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an
intimate understanding of today's greatest challenges, we bring our
customers the solutions required for success in a complex and
multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range
of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector
clients.Outstanding past performance built IDS's reputation as the
leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.DECO, a
subsidiary of IDS International, is looking for Construction
Surveillance Technicians (CST) to support Department of State
construction projects. CSTs monitor the construction activities of
the workers and the material that will be installed in the and
around secure areas. They inspect the material that will be
installed in the area and manage the workers that are working in
and around the secure area.This position requires a one-year
contract and is located outside of the continental United States
- Control access to the construction sites.
- Screen and escort personnel within or to a construction site as
appropriate. (For reasons of Safety and Security, only those
persons whose names appear on the "Site Access List" will be
permitted to enter the job site unescorted. The Site Access List
will be provided by the Site Security Manager (SSM).
- Screen and escort all material and tools within or to a
- Maintain control of construction material within or to the
- Control the Secure Storage Area (SSA) and the material
- Monitor and observe the construction workers as they accomplish
their various construction tasks.
- Ensure all equipment; materials and furnishings for use in
specified areas are x-rayed and examined.
- Assist the SSM with, "Random Selection and Random Procurement"
of materials required for construction and installation in, or
contiguous to, controlled areas.
- Inspect all persons, packages, bags, boxes, crates, tools, and
vehicles, prior to entering the construction site.
- Produce daily logs of all related activity and events.
- Report all security related incidents, in incident report
format, to the SSM.
- Report all anomalies and incidents of a counterintelligence
nature directly to the SSM.Required Qualifications:
- Hold an active Top Secret Clearance.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in one of the following
- Construction security surveillance,
- Technical surveillance counter measures,
- Industrial or government security involving
- Construction quality assurance.
- Must be capable of analyzing designs and blueprints, and of
recognizing the architect's intended use.
- Must be able to walk up and down eight (8) floors of stairs
repeatedly during the workday. Elevators may not be available for
use on all construction areas.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Meet certain medical and physical fitness requirements and able
to deploy to remote locations with all medications for up to one
- Hold an active passport.Preferred Qualification:
- Hold an active CST DoS certification or equivalent
training.DECO benefits include:
- Competitive Hourly rates.
- Medivac and travel insurance.
- Contract completion bonus.
- Department of State Construction Surveillance Technician
- Per Diem provided at Department of State rates.
- Uniforms to include appropriate weather based on location.
- Overseas lodging provided.Must be an effective communicator
both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to
work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time.
Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing
information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and
reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions
require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use
hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.Employee may be required
to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight,
typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance
is essential.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, and local law.Full vaccination against COVID-19,
and compliance with the Company's vaccination verification
procedures, is required for this position, unless the individual is
legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation.If you are unable to
apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about
necessary accommodations to apply, please email
email@example.com and we will follow up with you.
Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.Powered
Keywords: IDS International, Gulf Port , Construction Surveillance Technician (CST) - OCONUS, Professions , Gulfport, Mississippi
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!